Public Liability Claims
Have you suffered because you injured yourself in a public place or on private property, or because a product or service that you used was faulty?
If you have, you may be entitled to compensation. Many property owners and occupiers have insurance cover called Public Liability Insurance for cases just like yours.
If a product or service is faulty, you may be able to claim against the insurer of the supplier.
Sometimes these compensation claims can be complex, because it is up to you to prove that the owner or occupier or supplier is at fault. Often a court has to decide the result.
But that's where we can help you. Gajic Lawyers have 30 years of experience with claims like yours. If you think you are entitled to damages because of an incident on private or public property, call Gajic Lawyers today on 02 9890 5885 (Parramatta) or 02 9727 2277 (Cabramatta).
What is covered under the Civil Liability Act?
In New South Wales, the Civil Liability Act determines compensation for incidents on private or public property, or involving faulty products or services.
This law outlines the different ways in which compensation can be paid. It covers many kinds of incidents in various circumstances including:
- Public spaces and facilities
- Food poisoning
- Faulty products
- Dog bites and animal attacks
- Physical and sexual assaults
- Schools and playgrounds
- Sport injuries (public or private)
- Aviation (planes, helicopters)
- Maritime (boats, ships)
- Hotels and other venues
- Injury at construction site or host employer
The amount of compensation you could be paid is based on the medical and other evidence and the amount varies depending on your case. You can obtain damages for the following:
- Your medical expenses, past and future
- Your lost earnings, past and future
- Pain, suffering and emotional distress (past and future)
- Domestic assistance and personal care provided by family members
If you have suffered because of any of the incidents outlined above, you could be entitled to a large amount of compensation. For help in making your claim, call Gajic Lawyers for a free opening chat today on 02 9890 5885 (Parramatta) or 02 9727 2277 (Cabramatta).
- How long will it take to conclude my case?
- What should I do if I think I am entitled to make a claim?
- Will I need to see an independent medical specialist?
- What if I am partially responsible?
Frequently Asked Questions
Below are some of the more commonly asked questions about Public Liability Claims:
How long will it take to conclude my case?
At Gajic Lawyers, we aim to finalise your claim anywhere between 18 months to 2 years through the court process. If the matter can be finished by settling, it may finalised earlier. About 80% of the cases fall within this time frame.
What should I do if I think I am entitled to make a claim?
As the onus is on you to prove liability, it is vital that evidence is collected and records are kept. To best prepare for your claim, you should:
- Consult a doctor as soon as possible
- Photograph the location of the incident (ideally when the incident occurred)
- Photograph any physical damage to you
- Obtain the contact information for any witnesses
- Keep copies of medical records, x-rays and scans relating to the incident
- Keep copies of receipts for any out of pocket expenses
- Record your recollection of how your accident occurred
Will I need to see an independent medical specialist?
You will be required to see independent medical experts acting on behalf of us and on behalf of the insurer to report on the nature of your medical condition.
What if I am partially responsible?
If you were partly responsible for the incident the amount of compensation you receive will be reduced by the level of your responsibility (e.g. 50% your fault means a 50% reduction in compensation.)
Why choose Gajic Lawyers for Public Liability Claims?
There are many good reasons to choose Gajic Lawyers for your compensation claim. Here are the most important:
- We have acted successfully in countless numbers of Public Liability claims, over 30 years
- We cover all expenses (such as medical examinations) related to your case
- No Win, No Fee!
- An obligation-free chat with a lawyer, no matter how small your claim
- Our multi-lingual team and availability of interpreters
- We pride ourselves on providing a tailored personal service in your claim
- Our determination to get the absolute best result for you
- Our proactive approach to settling claims early if the opportunity arises
- Our quick response to your enquiries
- Our policy of ensuring that you understand what is happening in your claim at all times
- We will provide you with copies of everything important that goes on in your file during the course of your claim
Call us for an initial chat with one of our Compensation Lawyers.
Public Liability cases are not always easy. Insurance companies often put a lot of resources into defending claims. But at Gajic Lawyers our legal team has years of experience in standing up to them and ensuring that our clients receive the best settlements possible.
To get the best possible chance of receiving the compensation you are entitled to, call Gajic Lawyers today on 02 9890 5885 (Parramatta) or 02 9727 2277 (Cabramatta).