Most superannuation policies provide insurance cover for incidents or illness resulting in permanent disability known as TPD cover.
Eligibility for a TPD lump sum payment requires proof that you are, and will be permanently, unable to work in your usual profession.
TPD means you cannot work in a job that fits your skills and experience. You may still be able to work in some cases reduced hours.
Your policy may also include Income Protection (IP). You can qualify for IP monthly payments of up to 75% of your normal income for a period of up to 2 years.
Claiming TPD or IP can be complex and it is recommended that you engage the services of an expert in superannuation law.
Unlike other forms of insurance claims, there is no requirement to prove fault or negligence of another party.
If you wish to make a claim through your superannuation policy, call Gajic Lawyers on (02) 9890 5885 for an obligation-free chat with one of our superannuation lawyers.
4 months ago
a year ago
8 months ago
7 months ago
10 months ago
This entirely depends on the terms of your insurance policy. You may be able to make the following claims:
- A lump sum amount if you are found to be unable to work due to health issues (sickness or physical incapacitation) that prevent you from working (in your normal profession) and are found to be totally and permanently disabled (TPD)
- Loss of earnings due to health issues (sickness or physical incapacitation) that prevent you from working (in your normal profession) for an extended period of time (Income Protection)
- Benefits paid to a nominated beneficiary upon death of the policy holder
Unlike other forms of compensation, there is no requirement to prove fault or negligence of another party.
If you wish to make a claim for compensation through your superannuation policy, call Gajic Lawyers on (02) 9890 5885.
Our comprehensive understanding of compensation law across Australia, means that we’re able to complete your compensation matter regardless which state you reside in.
We’re a technology-driven law firm. We’re environmentally friendly – with the exception of original signed documents, we are completely paperless.
Regardless of where you reside in Australia, we can help you claim more compensation, more quickly.
At Gajic, we’re a technology-driven law firm. Our technology ensures that your compensation matter is processed in the most effective and efficient manner. We learned a long time ago that relying solely on lawyers to progress legal matters simply does not meet the expectation of clients.
Lawyers cost money, so the less you see them is a good thing. At Gajic, we’ve literally handled thousands of compensation claims, from the most simple to the most complex. We’ve got proven processes and technology to fast-track your compensation without burning money with legal appointments just for the sake of them. That’s not to say you won’t be kept up to speed, you will and if you like, we’re always available.
At Gajic Lawyers, we minimise the risk of you losing your compensation claim by only taking on those claims that we think will be successful. We do this on a No Win No Fee basis.
We also offer a free, no-obligation case assessment.
Have you got a question? It’s likely we’ve answered it before. Check out the following responses and if you still have questions, simply ask. Call Gajic Lawyers today on (02) 9890 5885.
Does my disability have to be work related?
The cause of the disability or illness does not have to be due to negligence or any specific incident, for you to be eligible to claim. You only have to demonstrate that your injury or illness prevents you from working in your normal role or profession.
Can I have more than one claim?
When can I claim?
Ideally, you should lodge your claim as soon as possible. Time limits do apply as with other forms of claims.
Why choose Gajic Lawyers for Superannuation Claims?
Here are some good reasons to choose Gajic Lawyers for your claim.
- We have acted successfully in countless numbers of Superannuation claims over 30 years
- We cover all expenses (such as medical examinations) related to your case
- No Win, No Fee!
- An obligation-free chat with a lawyer, no matter how small your claim
- Our multi-lingual team and availability of interpreters
- We pride ourselves on providing a tailored personal service in your claim
- Our determination to get the absolute best result for you
- Our proactive approach to settling claims early if the opportunity arises
- Our quick response to your enquiries
- Our policy of ensuring that you understand what is happening in your claim at all times
- We will provide you with copies of everything important that goes on in your file during the course of your claim
Call us for an initial chat with one of our expert Superannuation Lawyers in Parramatta, NSW
Superannuation and TPD claims are often significant and are rigorously scrutinised by the superannuation trustee and insurer.
To ensure you receive your entitlements, call Gajic Lawyers today on (02) 9890 5885.