Does your superannuation policy include insurance for Total and Permanent Disability (TPD) or Income Protection (IP)?
Superannuation Claims – How we help
Most superannuation policies provide insurance cover for incidents or illness resulting in permanent disability known as TPD cover.
Eligibility for a TPD lump sum payment requires proof that you are, and will be permanently, unable to work in your usual profession.
TPD means you cannot work in a job that fits your skills and experience. You may still be able to work in some cases reduced hours.
Your policy may also include Income Protection (IP). You can qualify for IP monthly payments of up to 75% of your normal income for a period of up to 2 years.
Claiming TPD or IP can be complex and it is recommended that you engage the services of an expert in superannuation law.
Unlike other forms of insurance claims, there is no requirement to prove fault or negligence of another party.
If you wish to make a claim through your superannuation policy, call Gajic Lawyers on 1800 413 755 for an obligation-free chat with one of our superannuation lawyers.
What is covered in Superannuation claims?
This entirely depends on the terms of your insurance policy. You may be able to make the following claims:
- A lump sum amount if you are found to be unable to work due to health issues (sickness or physical incapacitation) that prevent you from working (in your normal profession) and are found to be totally and permanently disabled (TPD)
- Loss of earnings due to health issues (sickness or physical incapacitation) that prevent you from working (in your normal profession) for an extended period of time (Income Protection)
- Benefits paid to a nominated beneficiary upon death of the policy holder
Unlike other forms of compensation, there is no requirement to prove fault or negligence of another party.
If you wish to make a claim for compensation through your superannuation policy, call Gajic Lawyers on 1800 413 755.
Superannuation Lawyers Parramatta – Frequently Asked Questions
Have you got a question? It’s likely we’ve answered it before. Check out the following responses and if you still have questions, simply ask.
Call Gajic Lawyers today on 1800 413 755.
The cause of the disability or illness does not have to be due to negligence or any specific incident, for you to be eligible to claim. You only have to demonstrate that your injury or illness prevents you from working in your normal role or profession.
Ideally, you should lodge your claim as soon as possible. Time limits do apply as with other forms of claims.
Here are some good reasons to choose Gajic Lawyers for your claim.
- We have acted successfully in countless numbers of Superannuation claims over 30 years
- We cover all expenses (such as medical examinations) related to your case
- No Win, No Fee!
- An obligation-free chat with a lawyer, no matter how small your claim
- Our multi-lingual team and availability of interpreters
- We pride ourselves on providing a tailored personal service in your claim
- Our determination to get the absolute best result for you
- Our proactive approach to settling claims early if the opportunity arises
- Our quick response to your enquiries
- Our policy of ensuring that you understand what is happening in your claim at all times
- We will provide you with copies of everything important that goes on in your file during the course of your claim
Call us for an initial chat with one of our expert Superannuation Lawyers in Parramatta, NSW
Superannuation and TPD claims are often significant and are rigorously scrutinised by the superannuation trustee and insurer. To ensure you receive your entitlements, call Gajic Lawyers today on 1800 413 755
Request a call back
Find out the latest personal injury law news relating to compensation matters for road, work, medical and public place accidents.