Total Permanent Disability (TPD) insurance is included in most superannuation policies and covers occurrences or illnesses that result in permanent disability.
Proof that you are and will be permanently unable to work in your customary profession is required to be eligible for a TPD lump-sum payment.
TPD means you won’t be able to work in a job that matches your qualifications and experience. In some situations, you may be able to work fewer hours.
Income Protection (IP) may also be included in your policy. For a period of up to two years, you may be eligible for IP monthly payments of up to 75% of your usual income.
Claiming TPD or IP can be complex and it is recommended that you engage the services of an expert in superannuation law.
Unlike other types of insurance claims, there is no need to show another party’s fault or negligence.
Call Gajic Lawyers on (02) 9890 5885 for a no-obligation consultation with one of our superannuation lawyers if you want to lodge a claim through your superannuation policy.
This is entirely dependent on your insurance policy’s terms. It’s possible that you’ll be able to make the following claims:
- If you are deemed to be fully and permanently incapacitated due to health concerns (illness or physical incapacitation) that prevent you from working (in your normal profession), you will get a lump sum payment (TPD);
- Earnings lost owing to health concerns (illness or physical incapacitation) that prevent you from working (in your regular career) for an extended period of time (Income Protection);
- Upon the death of the policyholder, benefits are paid to a selected beneficiary.
Unlike other types of compensation, there is no need to show another party’s fault or negligence.
Our expert knowledge of compensation law in NSW and throughout Australia means we can complete your compensation concerns regardless of which state you’re in.
We’re a tech-focused law company. We’re environmentally conscious, and we don’t use paper at all, except for original signed documents. Our technology ensures that your compensation case is handled as quickly and efficiently as possible. We’ve known for a long time that depending entirely on lawyers to get legal matters forward does not match client expectations.
We can assist you in obtaining greater compensation in a shorter time, regardless of where you live in Australia.
Lawyers are expensive, therefore the less you see them, the better. We’ve processed thousands of compensation cases at Gajic, from the simplest to the most complex. We use tried-and-true techniques and technology to fast-track your reimbursement without wasting money on unnecessary legal sessions. That’s not to say you won’t be kept informed; you will, and we’re always available if you need us.
At Gajic Lawyers, we take on just those matters that we believe will be successful, reducing the chances of you losing your compensation claim. This is done on a no-win, no-fee basis.
We also provide a no-cost, no-obligation case evaluation.
Have you got a question? It’s likely we’ve answered it before. Check out the following responses and if you still have questions, simply ask. Call Gajic Lawyers today on (02) 9890 5885.
Does my disability have to be work-related?
For you to be able to file a claim, the cause of your disability or disease does not have to be due to negligence or a specific incident. You just need to show that your disability or illness stops you from working in your regular job or profession.
Can I have more than one claim?
TPD claims can be submitted in conjunction with other forms of claims, such as:
- CTP claims
- Worker’s Compensation (WorkCover) claims
- Claims for civil liability
- Medical negligence lawsuits
Payments from Income Protection may be deducted from WorkCover, CTP, or Centrelink benefits.
When can I claim?
In the best-case scenario, you should file your claim as soon as you can. As with other types of claims, time constraints apply.
Why choose Gajic Lawyers for Superannuation Claims?
Here are some good reasons to hire Gajic Lawyers to handle your case:
- Over the last 30 years, we have successfully handled thousands of Superannuation claims. We cover all costs (including medical examinations) associated with your case.
- If you don’t win, you don’t pay!
- An obligation-free consultation with a lawyer, regardless of the size of your claim
- Our multilingual staff and interpreters are always available.
- In your claim, we take pleasure in offering a personalized service.
- Our commitment to achieving the best possible outcome for you
- Our proactive approach to settling claims as soon as possible if the chance arises
- Our prompt answer to your inquiries
- Our philosophy is to make sure you’re always aware of what’s going on with your claim.
- Throughout the duration of your claim, we will supply you with copies of anything important that occurs in your file.